Sacrifice 01. Holly Jean Dorger
SUBSCRIBE FOR FUTURE VIDEOS
Sacrifice is a project by RAVN. We want to bring focus on the hard work there is behind all big achievements. You normally only see the glamour and prestige on the stage and as a spectator, you do not think of what the stars have sacrificed to become the best at what they do.
Prima Ballerina Holly Jean Dorger is the first to star in the Sacrifice series, where RAVN puts the focus on unique talents and achievements made by women all over the world...
American, Holly Jean Dorger, is a Prima Ballerina with the Royal Danish Ballet. She joined the corps de ballet after graduation at 18 years old. In 2013 she was promoted to Soloist after performing roles such as Princess Florine (Blue Bird), Gamzatti and Dew Drop. In 2016 Holly was promoted to Principal Dancer on George Balanchine’s Theme and Variations.
Quotes by Holly Jean Dorger
- Dance makes me feel free
- The is not a higher rush or a higher feeling that when you well on stage
- You have to constantly remain focused on your goals and dreams and what it takes to reach them
- As an artist you take your deepest scars and you allow your self to be valuable and you display them for the public
- The ultimate ideal is for me to become a permanent memory in someones mind
- The goal is not to brake about being a principal danser, the goal is to actually be a principal danser - to dance.
- Holly Jean Dorger
- Prima Ballerina with Royal Danish Ballet
Proudly produced by RAVN
Ballerina - Holly Jean Dorger
Fashion Designer - Katrine Ravn
Concept - Lars Sørensen
Cinematography / Post / Mix - Costis Mitsotakis
Production Assistant - Brian Møller Larsen
Riging / Safty - Matias Vela Garcia
Production Consultant - Anyka Belén
Camera Assistant - Ramón Dia Castel
Assistant - Raul Ansón
Assistant - Sergio Sanz